The Gender, Sexuality, and Feminist Studies program regularly hires Duke University graduate students for the following positions:
- Teaching Assistants (TAs)
- Research Assistants (RAs)
- Graduate Instructors (via a competitive process)
Click links for more Information on these positions. Calls for applications are announced over email and on our website. Other jobs that may arise (e.g. on faculty grants or journals) will also be announced via email. For further information on our job opportunities, contact the DGSA or Business Manager.
As part of your application please be sure to include:
- the semester you will be available and any blackout times and conflicts;
- your graduate student status, including confirmation that you are eligible for payment for this role according to the Graduate School.
Following the Graduate School’s policy please, note that if you are no longer being funded by your home department, Gender, Sexuality, and Feminist Studies will pay you directly; if you are still being funded by your department, funds from Gender, Sexuality, and Feminist Studies will be transferred to your department (not you) and applied to your funding. Unfortunately, due to Graduate School policy, you will not receive additional funds from GSF during funded years.